The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) seeks to develop a select group of young Nigerians into ethical and impactful leaders by connecting them with mentorship, networking, training and funding opportunities over the course of an intensive fellowship year. The CYFI fellowship is built around year-long social innovation projects that are designed by fellows and supported by the U.S. Consulate and private partners. Following successful completion of their projects, fellows remain involved with CYFI and the U.S. Consulate through the CYFI Alumni Program.
Prospective fellows should note that all meetings and group work for CYFI project will be conducted in Lagos and Port Harcourt. Fellows who live outside of the greater Lagos and Port Harcourt metropolitan area and are unable to attend frequent meetings with their project teams and monthly meetings with the CYFI Board, in Lagos, will not be considered for the fellowship.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion – You are committed to making a significant contribution to your community and country
- Skill & Experience – You have a unique set of skills and experiences that you can use to make an impact
- Strategic Thinking – You are excited about the opportunity to launch an innovative CYFI project. You know how to design a project that is based on sound research, uses resources creatively, builds or improves on existing systems, and leverages partnerships with complementary organizations
- Vision – You know the area of social change in which you would like to work, and you can articulate the positive change that you would like to make
- Implement concrete, youth-oriented solutions to issues that concern you
- Access U.S. Government resources and contacts
- Catch the attention of American and Nigerian leaders in the public and private sectors
- Work alongside talented and motivated peers with diverse backgrounds, but similar visions
- Participate in the CYFI Alumni Program
- Teams of 2-4 fellows submit project proposals to the CYFI Board
- Projects should be achievable in scope and address a current issue in Nigeria
- CYFI Board supports fellows by working to connect them with resources and contacts
- Fellows work on their own time to implement projects
- End of the year recognition ceremony for fellows
- Complete CYFI Project as part of a 3-5 fellow project team
- Attend monthly project status meetings with CYFI Board of Directors
- Participate in roundtables, networking events, and teambuilding event
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by the CYFI Board. Interviews will be held at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos.
DEADLINE: January 13, 2019SEE SCHOOLS THAT JUST RELEASED THEIR ADMISSION LIST
SHARE THIS NEWS