I understand how you felt immediately you saw the title Why University Students Prefer Photocopied Materials to Textbooks. Have you observed that most university students now prefer jacking photocopied materials to buying textbooks? Do you have a friend who has vowed never to buy textbooks with his or her money but prefers to patronize photocopied material shops?
In this article, you will see some of the reasons these students have visit photocopied material shops to buy materials rather than visiting the school book shops to get a nice and recommended textbooks for themselves.
Why University Students Prefer Photocopied Materials to Textbooks
Things have changed a lot. My parents will always tell me how they buy textbooks in their school days and how it helped them in their studies. I began to compare then and now and have come up with some of these reasons why university students now prefer photocopied materials to textbooks.
- Lecturers have decided not to Recommend textbooks to students.
- Students have formed the habit of using their money to buy Gala.
- Lecturers Prefer to set questions from their Notes.
- There is not money Mentality.
- Boy friend and Girl friend Palava.
1. Lecturers have decided not to Recommend textbooks to students
Some students expects the lecturers to give them the recommended texts before they proceed to purchase one from the book shops. Instead of reminding their lecturers that they need textbooks, they resort to patronizing the photocopied material people to get a cheaper ones.
2. Students have formed the habit of using their money to buy Gala
When say gala, i mean those things that are not related to school work. Most students have formed the habit of using the money for textbooks to buy electronic gadgets like headsets, and Computer games, which is not contributing to the success of their academics. Before you know it, a student may graduate from an institution without getting a textbook for himself or herself.
3. Lecturers Prefer to set questions from their Notes
Most of the university lecturers prefer to set examination questions from the notes they give in the class than from the textbooks. This has made a lot of students to relax, while they look for someone whose notes are complete and then begin to photocopy them. I know some of you reading this article are in this category of students.
Also read: Why some christian students fail in school
4. There is not money Mentality.
When you are always complaining that there is no money, how do you expect to use the available ones to buy a textbook? It is impossible. These category of students are those that can never show appreciation to their sponsors. They are ever ready to prepare lists of textbooks and send it to their sponsors, at the end, they end up using it for other irrelevant things.
5. Boy friend and Girl friend Palava
For those that have not got any boyfriend(s) or girlfriend(s) before, you may not understand this. I know you want to taste and see how it works, but i bet you may not like it at the end. Some students have programmed their minds that instead of using their hard earned money to buy textbooks, they rather use it to satisfy their girlfriends and boyfriends. These students are always ready to accept the outcome. If failure, no problem, if success, then no problem. They choose to economize and use it to buy photocopied materials.
- Gone are those days when our fathers knew nothing like boyfriend and girlfriend.
- Gone are those days when you see serious students curb expenses just to buy textbooks.
- Gone are those days when lecturers recommend texts for students to make researches
- Gone are those days when lecturers refuses to give students areas of concentration and sets questions without mercy.
- Gone are those days when the Photocopying machines were available.
- Gone are those days when textbooks were cheap.
- Gone are those days when lecturers don’t give out their notes.
- Gone are those days when there was nothing like gala….
There are so many other reasons which I believe can make students prefer to use photocopied materials in higher institutions of learning to using textbooks. I have decided to list the above to make it short and simple.
You can share with me why you use prefer photocopied materials to school textbooks using the comment box. Please do not forget to share this oo.
HOT: SEE SCHOOLS THAT JUST RELEASED THEIR ADMISSION LIST
SHARE THIS NEWS